Your eyes are very important. So, naturally, you have to protect them. But how can we do that? It’s a computer age, if you don’t use your computer, you can’t do anything! But computer screens are the biggest enemy to our eyes. It makes your eyes tired. It’s a rock and a hard place kind of a deal. So what do we do? You can do many things, and today, I am going to show you some.
1. Rest every 20 minutes or so
Resting is the best choice. Always staring at screens and without rest is the last thing you want to do. It can hurt your eyes real bad. And sometimes without even you noticing! So just walk around do something without using digital things.
2. Look outside
Nature has the best healing power for your body, especially for your eyes. And you should look at very far places, tall mountains, trees, birds, walking people, and many others.
3. Walk outside
Walking is great. Everyday 2 times is the minimum. Just relax, and rest your eyes. It can even relax your body.
4. Sleep more, more, and more!
Sleeping is critical. If you do not sleep, your body will fall down, and you can’t do anything. Eyes will use the opportunity to close itself, and repair the damage it got that day. If you don’t give it enough time to repair itself, your vision will fall, and you will go blind. How much sleep you need is different as you grow. NSF(National Sleep Foundation) recommended new sleeping times. Here’s the result.
- Newborns (0-3 months): Sleep range narrowed to 14-17 hours each day
- Infants (4-11 months): Sleep range widened two hours to 12-15 hours
- Toddlers (1-2 years): Sleep range widened by one hour to 11-14 hours
- Preschoolers (3-5): Sleep range widened by one hour to 10-13 hours
- School age children (6-13): Sleep range widened by one hour to 9-11 hours
- Teenagers (14-17): Sleep range widened by one hour to 8-10 hours
- Younger adults (18-25): Sleep range is 7-9 hours
- Adults (26-64): Sleep range did not change and remains 7-9 hours
- Older adults (65+): Sleep range is 7-8 hours
5. Get a bigger screen
Your eyes are more likely to be tired if you stare at a small screen then staring at a big screen. Small screen is great when you need to go to a far place, but when you are at home; you better use an external monitor or something.